Pain Management Procedures Offered by Via Radiology
No one should have to live in pain and agony. At Via Radiology, our board-certified, sub-specialty trained physicians empathize with your pain and will help you manage discomfort right at the source. Learn more about each safe and effective pain management procedure and injection we offer in our latest blog so you can be well on your way to a happier, healthier lifestyle.
Types of Injections
- Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI)
- An epidural steroid injection or ESI is a non-surgical way to decrease back pain that is often associated with inflammation of nerve roots and swelling. The injection delivers a steroid medication and anesthetic directly into the epidural space in the spine.
- Facet Joint Injections
- This simple pain management procedure involves injecting an anesthetic and steroid medication into the joint to decrease pain associated with arthritis, or injuries.
- Rhizotomy Injection
- A Rhizotomy is a minimally invasive pain management procedure used to sever nerve roots in the spinal cord. This treatment can provide lasting relief to people suffering from facet joint pain. Also, Rhizotomy often provides longer lasting relief for pain than steroid treatment. In some cases, it may decrease pain severity for up to two years.
- Selective Nerve Root Block
- This pain management procedure allows the doctor to determine exactly what nerve root or roots are in pain. To perform a selective nerve root block procedure, a needle is inserted through the skin into the area adjacent to the nerve root. Then we inject medication and an anesthetic and/or steroid into the are.
- Sacroiliac Joint Injection (SJI)
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections are used to lessen inflammation of the joints next to the spine in the low back and buttocks region. The Sacroiliac Joint Injection involves injecting a steroid medication into the joint to help decrease and diagnose the source of pain.
- Joint Injection
- Joint injections relieve pain and/or display the joint space in greater detail over standard imaging. During this procedure the joint is first injected with an anesthetic. We may also inject a special fluid depending on which procedure we perform.
- Trigger Point Injection
- Trigger Point Injection is an option used to treat painful areas of muscle that contain trigger points (knots of muscle) that form from stiffness. For this pain management procedure, we inject a local anesthetic or steroid into the trigger point. This helps to relieve pain and diagnose the source of the discomfort.
- Vertebroplasty/ Kyphoplasty
- Vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty is an innovative non-surgical procedure designed to manage pain from vertebral compression fractures. Such fractures are a common result of osteoporosis. This procedure involves the injection of a cement-like mixture into the fractured bone. About 75 percent of patients regain lost mobility and become more active.
Schedule Your Pain Management Procedure
Do not wait until pain worsens. Let Via Radiology’s board-certified and trained radiologists help you on the path of managing pain. They are experts when it comes to safe pain management procedures in Seattle, WA. Make your appointment by contacting us online or by calling us at 206-306-1011.
Via Radiology Offers Diagnostic Imaging in Seattle
Via Radiology offers Seattle diagnostic imaging services in the greater Seattle area, including ultrasound, MRI, PET, CT scans, x-ray and other imaging modalities. Additionally, we provide interventional services and screenings for lung cancer in addition to our breast imaging services. Contact us online or call 206-306-1011 for more information on all of our provided services.